5.11.2011

{event showcase} Flutter By Garden Party

Does your family suffer from allergies? Mine, too, but that didn't stop us from celebrating Mother's Day in the garden!

We invited family to "flutter by" ... for dinner in our faux garden!

Our tablescape was inspired by the butterflies and gerbera daisies found at Michaels, as well as the fuchsia, yellow and purple stationary at Paper Source.

For the foundation of my tablescape, I used a light pink satin table linen.

The table runner was created with [existing] faux grass mats and accented with a vase of [existing] gerbera daisies embellished with butterfly wrapping paper, fuchsia ribbon and butterfly ...

a hot pink with yellow polka dots watering can,

... sweet ceramic birds,

... and a bumble bee.

For each place setting, I used my own purple china, flatware and stemware and embellished the white cotton napkin with a strip of wrapping paper.

As well, I tucked gerbera daisy "pens" (gifts to compliment handmade stationary) into bud vases filled with hot pink sand.

The tablescape looked very colorful and inviting without a lot of fuss!

If my garden party inspired you, please leave me a comment and let me know which faux detail you liked best!

No comments:

Post a Comment