11.19.2009

{12 Posts before Thanksgiving} What's on your dessert buffet?

Pumpkin, apple or sweet potato pie? Chocolate? Cookies for the kids? What about sugar-free, low-fat and gluten-free options? Homemade or store-bought?
These are the questions I asked myself as I prepared my Thanksgiving menu. I really don't cook, especially not for a large dinner party, but I'm fortunate that my mom makes the best pumpkin pie. Remaining desserts are either store-bought or brought by a guest; yes, I've learned to say 'yes' to guests' offer to bring something.
My solution for store-bought desserts with universal appeal - Cupcakes Actually in Fairfax, VA! Everyone loves cupcakes and they have seasonal flavors (pumpkin, walnut, caramel) as well as decadent chocolate, sugar-free and gluten-free cupcakes. My daughters and I enjoy their cupcakes after Little Gym classes. The cupcakes are a little pricey but worth it considering it's one-stop shopping that everyone will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment