10.06.2010

{party trend} Grilled Cheese and Bloody Mary Bar


Yesterday afternoon, I did something that I rarely do.  I watched The Oprah Show!  But wait, it gets better.  Martha Stewart was on ... and they talked parties!  I was inspired so I thought I'd share it with you.

Martha featured her Grilled Cheese and Bloody Mary Bar.  Wow!  It looked so good.  The set up was pretty simple; platters of cheese, bread, condiments and extras like sliced apples, bacon strips, red peppers and avocado slices (top photo above).  Of course, they made sandwiches.  Martha made Oprah a Gruyere Apple and Sage on Rye (small middle photo) that looked really yummy!  Clicking through the recipes, I discovered the Proscuitto Arugula and Tomato sandwich (small left photo) oozing melted Gruyere cheese; now that's a tasty sandwich!

To accompany the sandwiches, Martha had a Bloody Mary bar with red and yellow tomato juices and homemade vodka (small right photo).  I'm intrigued by the yellow tomato juice (it's less acidic according to Martha) and I like this grown up alternative to tomato soup.

So, what do you think of this party trend?  Ready to host a Grilled Cheese and Bloody Mary bar at your next casual party?  I am!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:25 AM

    OMG LOVE THIS!!!!!!! I am going to share it with my FB friends!!!!!

    ReplyDelete