5.18.2011

Stars and Stripes Decor


Memorial Day is quickly approaching; are you ready?  If not, I've got a simple yet eyecatching patriotic decoration that you can make moments before guests arrive for your BBQ or pool party! 

It's a hanging floral decoration (photo above) and in the words of my 4 year old daughter, "it's easy peasy" to make!  The instructions, as well as more project ideas, are outlined in this Good Housekeeping article but in a nutshell, its a dish towel folded in half and stapled around a gallon-size Ziploc bag.  Is that genius or what?!  I can't wait for my hydrangeas to bloom!

For more Memorial Day inspiration, please read my blog, A Slice of Summer Entertaining, on DC Ladies.  I share three watermelon recipes - a drink, a dessert and a super cool decoration!

So, what are your Memorial Day plans?  Are you beach bound, firing up the grill or tackling a never-ending list of home improvement projects? Can you guess my plans?!

No comments:

Post a Comment