8.31.2011

Real Simple Ideas for Labor Day Celebrations

I came across this online article by Real Simple magazine titled "Summertime New Uses for Old Things".  So many of their ideas are genius, especially for hosting parties and celebrations.  Here are a few of my favorites, perfect for a work-free Labor Day get-together!

DECOR

Everyday drinking glasses make great candle holders!

Who doesn't need an extra side table when entertaining?!


FOOD
Clever way to organize your condiments and disposables!

As a mom to three messy little girls, I love this idea - and I've seen it with watermelon slices, too (just add a popsicle stick through the rind)!

Paper plates + frisbee = happy (mess-free) guests!

Neat trick for preparing ice cream in advance.  Perfect for children's birthday parties, too!


DRINKS
Hot temps, melting ice?  No worries with a rubber band grip!

Perhaps my favorite idea of all.  I love the practical application ... and bright pop of color.

Protect your wine bottle with your child's floatie!  Great for picnics, too - like my picnic dinner at Wolf Trap on Sunday evening!  My family is going to see Peter Pan on our work-free holiday.

So, what summertime new uses for old things idea do you like best?  Please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment