9.04.2009

Tunes for your Labor Day Celebration



Earlier this week, I had the most enjoyable evening getting my hair done. It wasn't the highlights, shampoo or Edward Scissorhands-like cut; it was the mix of [early] 80's music! My favorite songs from Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode and Duran Duran blared from the speakers like my own private concert. Labor Day parties were on my mind, too, and suddenly I had a light bulb idea to research music for a Labor Day BBQ, pool party or end-of-summer celebration. Turns out, evite.com has already done the work for me (see list below) so I added a few more songs (inspired by the 80's, of course). Download these songs for your party, turn up the volume and have fun!

Working for the Weekend/Loverboy
Taking Care of Business/Bachman Turner Overdrive
Working in a Coal Mine/Devo
She Works Hard for the Money/Donna Summer
Supermodel (You Better Work)/RuPaul
Vacation/The Go-gos
School is In/Josie Cotton
W.O.R.K/Bow Wow Wow
Summer Nights/Grease Soundtrack
Finest Worksong/ REM
Working 9 to 5/Dolly Parton
Working For a Living/Huey Lewis & the News
Relax (Don't Do it)/Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Money, Money, Money/ABBA

No comments:

Post a Comment