11.14.2009

{12 Posts Before Thanksgiving} Wow! What a Stunning Table!


 
Ok, so I've been busy working, producing 'posh' parties and designing invitations, but I haven't forgotten my commitment to share 12 Thanksgiving blogs before Nov. 26. In previous blogs, I've covered the invitation, appetizers and seating strategies. Today, we're decorating the dinner table. And since my blog focuses on 'posh in a pinch' tips, I have two quick and affordable ideas to share.

Start by dressing your table with a tablecloth or runner and adding china, silver and stemware. Embellish with colorful cloth napkins and candles (several votive or long tapers depending on your style and space). Distinguish your Thanksgiving dinner (from all other family dinners) by accenting with seasonal ornaments - gourds, pinecones, colorful leaves, fruits and nuts. You can lay these items in clusters down the center of the table or around the candles or in a pretty bowl. I found this wonderfully simple display on the Hostess with the Mostesss blog. Isn't it gorgeous yet practical enough to do yourself?


Another one of my favorite table display ideas is actually very kid-friendly - glittered pumpkins and gourds. I got the idea from Paper Source two years ago and I still think it's a great display idea (and kid's activity).

No comments:

Post a Comment