6.06.2010

{in season} strawberries

Strawberries are in season right now!  I bought a few pints at the grocery store this morning; the deal was incredible plus I can tell from the bright red color that these strawberries are delicious, naturally sweet and juicy.  But then I was perplexed on how to use them.  A quick Internet search revealed a Cooking Light article with 14 Favorite Strawberry Recipes! I selected a few below; which strawberry recipe is your favorite?


All these strawberries remind me of a local Virginia strawberry festival that my family went to 6 years ago.  They had a long line of tables with stacks of fresh strawberries in containers; it was mind-boggling.  My then 1 1/2 year daughter loved strawberries and easily polished off a pint; see photo below.  It was a fun day outdoors.  I encourage you and your family to explore a strawberry or pick your own celebration at a local orchard this season!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment