7.12.2010

{event showcase} We're Not Crabby Just Forty

Most of you now know that my husband and I turned 40 recently and we celebrated twice; once with close  friends at Pearmund Cellars and later with family at home.  Below are photos and party planning ideas from our celebration at home to inspire you in case you have a milestone party (or any fun dinner party) in your future!


This party was geared to my husband who loves seafood and was a little "crabby" about turning 40! I found the cutest Cricut die-cut crab (Life's a Beach cartridge); combined with PS pool notecards and envelopes and catchy text, I created invitations on my home printer and established the look and feel of the party.


Party decor was limited to the dining room and the food buffet in the kitchen, which created a bigger "wow" factor without a lot of expense.  The dinner table was decorated with a runner made from PS pool wrapping paper and another twill cotton runner on top from Select Event Rentals.  For the centerpiece, I showed off my new testtube magnetic vases - filled with altnerating blue and red sand and topped off with a red carnation.  In the center, I attempted to make a sand castle using Mudd Puddles sand glue and heavy cardstock; it really didn't work but it was better than the real deal which can be so messy!  At each place setting, I had melamine "paper" plates and clear plastic cups from Target (on sale!) with silverware wrapped in the red napkin.  Lastly, I found a "crabby" birthday balloon at Wegmans; had to have it!


Guests were given a custom crossword puzzle (repurposed from Dine in the Vines) to complete and talk about while I put food on the buffet.


Food was easy!  I bought everything from Wegmans and displayed it on my kitchen table, which was decorated with a red runner and vase filled with sand and carnations to mimic the dining room table. 

Here's the lunch menu:
Crabcakes
Jumbo Shrimp
Fruit Salad
Corn on the Cob
Homestyle Coleslaw
Mixed Greens with Red Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Carrots and Cucumbers
Sliced Artisan Bread with Cheese
Tortilla Chips with Guacamole


Then, we had cake - a yummy confection from Patisserie Lille!  It was vanilla cake layered with chocolate mousse and the European frosting is hands-down my favorite!

I shared how I celebrated my 40th with you; now, I'd like to know how you celebrated your milestone birthday!  Share a comment below or visit my Facebook Fan page and write on my wall; either way, other like-minded party people will be inspired by your creativity.  Thanks, in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment