7.06.2011

{event showcase} 75th Birthday Party Fit for a Queen

Have you ever experienced the challenge of planning an adult birthday party that includes young children?  It's really difficult!  Selecting the right venue, food and beverage, and entertainment that satisfies guests on both ends of the age spectrum is challenging.

My sister and I experienced this challenge when planning our mom's 75th birthday party last month.  We wanted to host a small party that included my 3 little girls.  Knowing that entertainment is the key to the success of children's parties, we brainstormed entertainment options.  Within seconds, my sister suggested the Odyssey Sunday Brunch Cruise.  The cruise offers a wide variety of food plus a water tour of the Washington DC monuments, jazz music and dancing ... and we had never been before.

Below are the event highlights of our 'Party Fit for a Queen'.

Here ye, here ye ... the royal invitation.  Tiara hand-stamped on Paper Source stationary and embellished with pink gems and tiny pearls.

We are family

If the tiara fits, wear it!

Happy birthday to our mom, the 'Queen Mum'!  We enhanced the Sunday Brunch Cruise with a silver QUEEN tiara, bouquet of cupcake roses and corsage of roses.  Additionally, the Odyssey staff delivered birthday cake, announced my mom's birthday and everyone sang "Happy Birthday".  Needless to say, everyone enjoyed my mom's birthday, especially my mom and my girls!

Special thanks to Christy Humston of Entertainment Cruises and Chrissy Cunningham of We Take the Cupcake for making my mom's birthday special!

Has this event showcase helped you with planning your adult birthday party?  If so, please leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment