12.03.2009

More [Holiday] Entertaining Ideas

'Tis the season ... to share my homework! I've been doing a lot of research lately for a variety of parties - birthday parties for kids and adults, and holiday parties at home, at school and in the office - and I thought you might be interested in my findings.

Snacks for a children's birthday party
I need 'kid-friendly with adult-appeal' snacks for my daughter's party on Sunday afternoon. I found these simple but yummy recipes on Pillsbury.com, RealSimple.com and Hellmans.com (partnered with Bobby Flay).

(though I think I'll reduce the amount of cayenne pepper sauce)

Decor and More for a Festive Holiday Celebration
In this month's issue, I share 26 'posh' (and practical) tips, ideas and even encouragement for holiday party planning


This pretty wreath is made from cupcakes, decorated with easy-to-make white chocolate leaves. Photo from the Hello Cupcake book, which also offers fun snowmen and Nutcracker cupcake designs.

From BizBash, I came across two articles, 11 Seasonal Punches and Other Recipes from Top Mixologists and 8 Punch Bowls to Rent for Holiday Drinks. Capital Party Rental, DC Rental and Party Rental are local rental companies.
Suspended decor is in. I found this hanging chandelier idea in a 'clever uses for old things' article on Real Simple's web site. The odd ornaments hang from sheer ribbon tacked to the ceiling.

School Holiday Party

I have volunteered to bring in a treat for my daughter's classroom holiday party. In searching for recipes, I determined that I wanted something different yet easy-to-make, inexpensive and kid-friendly. I must be having a retro moment because I found another festive approach to Chex Mix - a wreath. Click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment