1.07.2011

{in season} Snow Ice Cream

I promise this is my last snow post this year!  I was going through my 2010 family photos and came across this fun photo of my girls playing in the snow last February during Snowpocalypse (almost 30" of snow fell across the DC metro region).


Weather forecasters are calling for snow this weekend.  If we get more than a dusting, I promised my girls that we would make snow ice cream.  Here's the recipe from Paula Deen in case you want to try.

Snow Ice Cream

Ingredients
8 cups snow, or shaved ice
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Place snow or shaved ice into a large bowl. Pour condensed milk over and add vanilla. Mix to combine. Serve immediately in bowls.

Need more snow inspiration?  Check out this beautiful wedding in Washington, DC during last year's Snowpocalypse!

No comments:

Post a Comment