4.27.2011

{event showcase} 2011 ISES DC Capital Awards Ceremony

Hello!  I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Easter, Passover and/or Spring Celebration last week!  My family certainly did, we even took a short vacation at the Tides Inn on the Chesapeake Bay. We had a blast ... but I'll share more in another post!

I have a great event to share with you today!  It's the Awards Ceremony that I produced in conjunction with the Capital Awards Gala hosted by the DC Chapter of the International Special Events Society (ISES DC) on Sunday, April 13.  Below are the highlights, in the event that you are tasked with coordinating your own awards ceremony for your employer, chamber of commerce, not-for-profit or professional organization.

The Awards Ceremony was hosted at the AFI Silver Theatre & Cultural Center in Silver Spring.  The Theatre uses state-of-the-art technology; the decor is reminiscent of Old Hollywood; and the staff are outstanding.  Contact Tiffany Golden-Graham to inquire about facility rentals.

Guests arrived to a lobby complete with a custom carpet provided by American Turf & Carpet ...

... non-alcohol fruity sparkling wine provided by Kristian Regale (graciously set up by my friend, Dave Markowitz of Professional Bartenders and Servers); and Karla Chisholm, a jazz singer provided by Entertainment Exchange (not shown).

Inside the theatre, guests nibbled on the gourmet snack bar provided by Windows Catering.  The Cheesecake Lollipops are my personal favorite!

Friends having fun before the awards - June and her husband, Dan, Kelley (award nominee), my husband, Scott and Renee!

I love live music, especially at award shows - and Olivera Quartet did not disappoint!  They warmed the room with their uptempo jazz music before and during the show.

Event preparation?!  Lance Ortego, my Voice of God provided by Washington Talent, Photo and Video, and Jeff Monner, my Show Manager from TalkingTree Creative, shared a little tequila before the show ... but they did an amazing job during the performance!  Jeff, also, helped me with the PowerPoint Presentation.

The theatre

Denise Thorne of Instyle Caterers and ISES DC President announces the Chapter Awards from the lucite podium provided by Presentation Media

Winners received their award from "Ava Gardner", a character performer provided by Cast of Thousands.  You may remember "Ava" as Princess Leia from my Star Wars Glam party last month!

The coveted Capital Award!  I want one of these ...

Congratulations to my friend, Ray Bialek of Bialek's Music, who received the ISES DC Lifetime Achievement Award!  After 20 years of ISES membership, he claims he is the only CSAP in the crowd - Can't Stop Attending Parties ... can't compete with that!

My husband and I having fun at the After Party! Ok, he had a little bit of fun ... =)

Though I missed seeing the Red Carpet Lady, we did see this neat video advertising/entertainment (photo above) and received a cool photo flip card from Get Flipped! Washington, DC.

Unfortunately, I don't have photos to showcase all of the Award Ceremony sponsor.  Sponsors not shown include Dave Ricklin, our Master of Ceremonies from The Original Game Show LIVE!; gorgeous contemporary floral arrangements from Tierra Floral Design; lighting from Da Vinci's Floral & Lighting and video from Suburban Video.

Suffice it to say, the 2011 Capital Awards Gala was awesome!  In fact, it's a tough act to follow for this 2012 ISES Capital Awards Gala Chair!!!

Photos were kindly shared by my friend, David Madison of David Madison Photography, as well as a few images from Sweet Dreams Studio and A Beautiful Memory Wedding/Event Photography.  More Gala photos may be found on the ISES DC web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment