12.15.2010

Peppermint Cookie Bark


I went to my first Cookie Exchange last weekend!  As expected, it was fun ... even for me, who doesn't bake a lot.  I tried this new "no-bake" recipe - Peppermint Cookie Bark from The Celebration Shoppe.  It was insanely simple and oh so good; however, if I make it again, I will stick with the original recipe and use white creme Oreos instead of holiday red.  Though my version was yummy and festive, the red creme tinted the white chocolate, which didn't look as nice.

Peppermint Cookie Bark
{link to the exact recipe}

1 package of Oreo cookies, crushed
6 oz. Candy canes (or red and white candies), crushed
1.5 cups of white chocolate (though I used a lot more)

Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler
Stir in Oreo cookies and candy
Spread on wax paper-lined cookie sheet
Refigerate for 45 minutes
Break into pieces to serve


I'm off to sample another cookie!  What is your favorite cookie recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment